Facts about Undertaking Solar Panel Installation
Solar power gets converted into usable energy via PV cells located in solar electric panels. Installation of solar panels can be done in a number of ways, depending upon what type of roof and energy is required by a particular user. A household that needs solar energy for all their electrical needs might require investing in solar electric panels sourced from different producers or carry out online research. Solar panels usually get mounted in the tops of roofs and buildings or get installed using stand-alone facilities for the best exposure to the sun. Residents can benefit from solar in Gold Coast for instance by consulting with reliable experts in installation of customized panels on their rooftops.
Initial Preparation for Solar Panel Installation
Homeowners can themselves install solar panels with tips provided online or they can call in a solar panel installer to carry out this process. PV cells are normally encased within a metal frame made up of aluminum in most cases. This allows for easy clamping or screwing of the panels on roofs. The materials required for installation include steel or aluminum roof anchors. These are applied as the mount-base where mounting frame gets attached as well. The mounting frame gets secured on the roof anchors with a special locking system and bolts for tight-screwing. Panels get attached with clamps, with a clamp being the last material required that is utilized for securing solar panels on mounting onto the mounting frame. End-clamp and mid-clamp versions of clamps can be employed depending upon how many panels require being secured.
Process of Installing Solar Panels
The live process of installing solar panels can begin once all the components required for the process are available. By example, most of the team carrying out installation of solar in Gold Coast usually gets to survey the designated area first, especially where mounting is to be done.
• Scaffolding – The installation team places scaffolding before beginning the process of installation. It is normally erected to reach roofs for purposes of easy mounting. Ladders get incorporated to ascertain safety in line with the codes covering Health and Safety.
• Positioning the roof anchors – The roof first gets surveyed, measured properly and marked to show the correct positions of panels before anchors are installed onto it. The positioning phase plays a key role in every installation, which ensures the panel frames are placed in their appropriate locations.
• Attaching the frame – The aluminum bars, or mounting frame, are attached after roof anchors have been secured on the roof properly. It is essential ensuring that these line up parallel to each other before getting locked into place.
• Installing PV panels – This action is performed once the bars on which the frame was placed have been mounted well. Depending upon its roof space, this can be done in columns or rows.
• Wiring the panels – The solar panels need to be wired together for the electrical system to be completed.
It is crucial for proper planning to be done before installation of facilities for solar in Gold Coast is conducted and for this process to be undertaken during either construction of a new roof or re-roofing stage.